Pottery-making is booming amongst those who’d like to cultivate peace of mind. If you yearn to stay away from your hectic life and immerse yourself in tranquillity and quietness, our “Animal Ceramic Plate Workshop” is just the perfect place for you.
Co-organised with GOOD EVENING CERAMICS, the workshop will be teaching participants some clay pinching techniques for you to craft your own ceramic plate, capturing the essence and character of your beloved pets in 3D or 2D form. So don’t forget to bring along your pet’s photos as their lovely faces will be your muse. The final product can be used as a personal keepsake or a gift to those you would like to thank.
The workshop will be held at the SPCA Hong Kong Centre. Each participant will be making a ceramic plate of his/her own and the instructor will help fire your piece. The finished artwork can be picked up by participants 4-6 weeks after the workshop.
After cost deduction, all proceeds will go towards the medical and daily expenses of our animals in need.
Participants will also receive sponsored gift packs from Royal Canin and Purina (total value exceeding $100).
For enquiries, please contact us at 2232 5548
3D Animal Ceramic Plate Workshop
2D Animal Ceramic Plate Workshop
The workshop will be co-organised with GOOD EVENING CERAMICS.
GOOD EVENING CERAMICS was founded in 2021 by Doris, a ceramic artist, who graduated from the School of Visual Arts, Hong Kong Baptist University in 2018. Talented in making animal ceramic art pieces, she established her own pottery studio in 2021. Doris also strives to pass on the art of pottery to the young generation through teaching in primary and secondary schools.
Terms & Conditions:
- The workshop will be conducted in Cantonese.
- 3D Animal Ceramic Plate Workshop participants must be aged 18 or above; 2D Animal Ceramic Plate Workshop participants must be aged 6 or above, participants under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Pets are not allowed to join the workshop.
- Advance reservation is required for all participants. The workshop fee includes materials and the cost of clay firing.
- As the ceramics need to be fired twice, participants can only retrieve their finished artworks 4-6 weeks after the workshop. Participants will be notified about the collection arrangement when their plates are ready.
- Please arrive 10 minutes prior to the start of the workshop.
- It is normal if cracks appear in your ceramic plate after firing. GOOD EVENING CERAMICS and the SPCA (HK) shall not bear any compensation liability.
- GOOD EVENING CERAMICS and the SPCA (HK) shall not be held liable for any injuries, damages, or losses incurred during the workshop.
- The SPCA (HK) is entitled to use the images and videos taken at the event for publication and promotional use.
- Fees are non-refundable unless the workshop is cancelled.
- The SPCA (HK) reserves the right to cancel the workshop if the number of participants falls below the minimum requirement. In such cases, we will contact the affected participants 48 hours via the provided contact number prior to the workshop and arrange a refund.
- Quota for the workshop is limited and will be offered on a first-come, first-served basis.
The event has ended