Inspector Fund

Inspector Fund

The Society for Prevention of Cruelty to Animals (SPCA) only receives 1% of its funds from the Government. The remaining 99% relies on the public’s donations and income generated from its veterinary and membership services. Despite limited resources, the SPCA continues to provide 24-hour animal rescue services free of charge. In 2022-2023, the SPCA rescued 4,658 injured or trapped animals, and the 24-hour animal rescue hotline received 22,274 calls for help or inquiries. The SPCA also actively investigates complaints and cases related to animal cruelty and assists the authorities by handling, treating and caring for a large number of abused animals. After the cases are concluded, efforts are made to find new homes for them.

The SPCA hopes that all animals in need can receive immediate and effective assistance, including those that do not have owners such as strays or wild animals. The “Inspector Fund” could help us respond to animal rescues, emergencies and investigative operations quicker by allowing us to recruit and train more inspectors, maintain the 24-hour animal rescue services, and acquire additional rescue tools and manpower.

Donation

Donate Now!

Ways you can help us!

Programs to Support

Whether we are pet owners or not, we are surrounded by animals and animal products. Hong Kong is a small territory but the density of its population means that a very large number ...

Raising Funds

99% of our funding comes from supporters just like you. Without that help, we simply would not be able to carry on our work.

Legacy Giving

Leave a legacy and make a lasting impact on the lives of animals in need.