- Develop and implement SPCA’s animal welfare research by collating current news and issues, identifying needs, and executing relevant initiatives.
- Identify key welfare issues important to Hong Kong and conduct onsite research (surveys, data collection, observational polling)
- Coordinate resources, including university interns, to support research outreach and reporting.
- Liaising and supporting internal department on content, statistics and insights on matters involving animal welfare. Extend to external partners as needed.
- Support and coordination of SPCA’s membership in various Associations and Government working groups, e.g. drafting issues, commenting on working groups, coordinating schedules.
- Respond to legislative output, including drafting responses and/or coordinating amongst partners for a joint declaration to relevant parties.
Reporting & Filing
- Managing the database of important Welfare initiatives, such as TNR, and follow up with report out.
- Develop monthly reports for the R&D and welfare teams.
- Submit key reports for Government programs.
- Creating Welfare content for internal use or external publications, including web content.
- 2 years of relevant experience in conducting research, data analytics, project management and submission of scientific/technical data.
- Bachelor or higher degree in a recognized institution. Specialties in Veterinary Science, Biological Science, Life Science, Animal Welfare Science or related field will be prioritized.
- Solid proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Excellent command of both spoken and written English and Cantonese.
- Strong knowledge of animal welfare standards and assessment.
- Strong project management skills, is organized, and have good attention to details. Meticulous in managing timelines, budgets and resource allocations.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Proactive, analytical, with positive and hands-on attitude.
- Ability to generate new ideas and articulate a plan to identify solutions.
- Genuine interest in the welfare of all animals
All information provided by applicants will be treated in strict confidence and used only for recruitment purpose. Please submit your full resume with expected salary to The Human Resources Manager, SPCA (HK), 5 Wan Shing Street, Wanchai, Hong Kong, or Email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please quote the job reference no in your email subject for our easy reference.
Interested parties are invited to visit our website www.spca.org.hk for more information about us.