The Veterinary Services Department employs an enthusiastic team of around 100 staff, including more than 25 veterinary surgeons, 30 veterinary nurses and assistants, 34 customer service and retail personnel,4 groomers and 4 admin support staff.
- Our veterinary surgeons come from all over the globe and embrace special interests in areas as diverse as acupuncture, traditional Chinese medicine, orthopaedic surgery, cattle medicine, ophthalmology, dermatology, ultrasonography and chemotherapy.
- Our veterinary nurses and assistants perform a wide variety of duties which includes assisting in consultations and surgeries, translation, daily nursing care for hospitalised animals, maintenance of surgical equipment and performing laboratory tests.
- The backbone of the Veterinary Services Department is our Customer Service team providing a vital link between our veterinary staff and members. The team consists of over 30 trained, bilingual and motivated staff located throughout our SPCA centres. Our frontline team is on hand to give advice regarding a wide range of suitable products for your pet.
- Our 4 professionally trained groomers provide a high quality grooming (anything from a quick nail trim to a full body clip). Our "salons" are located at our Hong Kong and Kowloon centres.
- With such a busy workload our admin staff provide vital support to the Vet Services Department, for example licensing, stock procurement, management, and purchasing.