The first SPCA veterinary clinic, the forerunner to today's veterinary department was founded in 1953; at the time it was the only clinic serving pet owners in Kowloon, fulfilling a desperate need in the area.
Since the early days the veterinary services department has grown from strength to strength and now consists of seven static clinics and a mobile clinic vehicle and employs an enthusiastic team of over 22 veterinary surgeons, 25 veterinary nurses, 25 customer service and 3 support staff. Facilities include full hospitalisation, in-house laboratories, state of the art digital radiography, ultrasound, ECG and endoscopy/bronchoscopy.
Our veterinary surgeons have special interests in areas as diverse as acupuncture, orthopaedic surgery, cattle medicine, ophthalmology, dermatology, ultrasonography and chemotherapy. Recently we have introduced an underwater treadmill for rehabilitation.
Members can call
Central Vet Booking on
Non-Members can use our vet services by joining on the spot!
All Surplus Funds from our Vet Services Support our Animal Welfare Programmes